Clove Oil for Toothache: A Natural Remedy
Do you have a toothache? Are you looking for a natural remedy? If so, clove oil may be the solution for you. Clove oil is a natural analgesic and antibacterial agent. It is also affordable and easy to find. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of clove oil for toothache relief. We will also provide instructions on how to use clove oil to treat a toothache.
Many people use common medicines like Anbesol and Orajel to help with pain, but these Active ingredients contain Benzocaine. Benzocaine is an anesthetic that can cause some serious side effects like allergies or other reactions.
Clove oil is a natural alternative that comes from the clove plant. This essential oil is native to India and Indonesia, and it also goes by the scientific name Eugenia aromaticum. Studies have shown that this oil has both analgesic and antibacterial properties, which can be effectively used to help soothe a toothache caused by bacteria.
These are the steps to follow if you're using clove oil for a toothache:
- First, add few drops of clove oil with one teaspoon of the carrier oil such as jojoba, sweet almond or olive oil.
- After that, apply it on the affected area with a cotton swab. Leave it for five to ten minutes.
- Finally, Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Reapply every two to three hours for quicker improvement.
Alternatively, gently swirl the clove oil mixture in your mouth. Do not swallow. Spit it out after five to ten minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Risks, warnings, and side effects
While clove oil's smell is nice, its taste is not. Furthermore, swallowing any of it can result in a variety of side effects like:
- having trouble breathing
- a burning sensation in your nose and throat
- an upset stomach