Maskne And Essential Oils: A Complete Guide
We all are primarily alike when it comes to acne. It might appear during childhood. And if it doesn't show up during puberty, it can rear its ugly head later in life. Furthermore, now the new normal demands us to wear masks regularly, and in certain situations, for extended periods. if your skin breaks out after wearing a mask, don’t worry, you're not alone. Mask acne, also known as "maskne," is a typical side effect of using a mask.
So what is the reason behind maskne, and are essential oils helpful in preventing it? In this article, we'll go all over there to learn about maskne. Continue reading!
What is the cause of maskne?
A person's maskne might be caused by a variety of factors-:
- Acne or face rashes can develop due to a mask retaining sweat and humid moisture.
- Maskne is also caused by clogged pores in the majority of cases. When you apply a mask, though, these toxins can build up, even more, clogging your pores.
- Friction is another possible explanation. A face covering's material might brush against your skin, causing chafing and irritation.
What are the ways to avoid maskne?
Because you'll most likely need to wear a face mask in public for the foreseeable future, these maskne treatment tips may be helpful.
- Make use of a foamy cleanser. It will aid in the cleansing and soothing of your skin. If you have acne-prone skin, seek a cleanser that contains salicylic acid.
- Take into account the type of mask you're wearing. Only you can decide how to balance the mask's weight with the level of protection it provides, but physicians suggest using 100 percent cotton as a good compromise because it allows the skin to breathe. You'll want to keep the mask clean when the temperature rises and you sweat more.
- When wearing a mask, don't bother with makeup. When worn under a mask, makeup is more likely to clog your pores and cause breakouts. If you wear makeup, look for products that won't clog pores.
- Every 4 hours, the mask should be removed for 15 minutes, suggests the American Academy of Dermatology Association. This will assist in giving your skin a rest and serve as a maskne treatment.
Essential oils for treating maskne
Essential oils are natural extracts that have a variety of health advantages. This miracle extract aids in the reduction of maskne too! So which are the essential oils that can be used for it? Let's find out!
Rosemary Essential Oil
This aromatic oil is fantastic for controlling sebum production. It helps to keep your pores free, making your skin appear less greasy. Additionally, it also relieves inflammation and redness. As a result, it could be a good option for maskne.
Tea tree essential oil
Tea Tree oil, with its green medicinal and woody aroma, is well-known for its ability to aid with blemishes, greasy skin, acne, and other difficulties you thought you'd left behind in your adolescence.
Frankincense Essential oil
Frankincense can be utilized in a variety of ways. If your skin has been reddened and textured due to wearing a mask for an extended time. This essential oil has the potential to save the day.
EO blend for maskne treatment
It's not a good idea to apply essential oils directly to your face, so here's a great blend to help you get the most out of them.
- 5 drops Tea Tree Essential oil
- 2 tsp Jojoba Carrier Oil
- 3 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 1 drop Rosemary essential oil
Add all of these ingredients to a bottle or a roll-on. Mix it by shaking steadily and avoiding air bubbles. Apply this with a cotton ball or directly on the affected area of your skin after your usual skincare routine.
You can all help by wearing a mask at the grocery, school, and even at work in the present situation. Of course, you're thrilled to safeguard others and restrict the virus's spread, but it's possible that your skin isn't pleased. In fact, it expresses its displeasure all over your face, known by the name of maskne. So get the most appropriate essential oils mentioned above to help yourself. Keep yourself healthy, safe, and masked too!